Re: sendmail vs exim -f command

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: mark david mcCreary
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: sendmail vs exim -f command
On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, mark david mcCreary wrote:

> Since this is a mailing list, I want the envelope from headers to point
> back to the list-request address for bounce corrections. The From: header
> should of course remain the message creator's (which it does).

Absolutely.

> Smartlist is calling Sendmail with the -f list-request option. I have
> built a symbolic link from /usr/sbin/sendmail to exim.
>
> I have set up the list user as a trusted user in Exim, and played around
> with a few other configuration parameters in an effort to get the envelope
> to contain the list-request address.

That is odd. With a trusted user, the -f option should set the
return-path address. Have you tried the experiment of running Exim as
root with the -f option to see if it works? For example

exim -f some.rubbish@??? <your address>
test message
.

If that works, try doing it as the smartlist user. In other words, try
to nail down whether Exim is behaving as you are expecting. You could
also run it with -d9 to see if it is running smartlist (assuming you are
piping to it) as the user you expect.

> The other variable that might be significant is that I have tweaked
> smartlist to remove the Resent-By headers, since Exim was adding Resent-To
> and Resent-Date to them.

... to make the message RFC822 compatible. That shouldn't affect the
sender address.

> p.s. Thanks to Philip and everybody else that has helped create Exim and
> made it available under the GNU license !!

Thanks for your support.

Philip