sendmail vs exim -f command

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: exim-users
Asunto: sendmail vs exim -f command
I have recently migrated a Smartlist mailing list to send out via Exim.

I noticed a difference in the Return-Path headers on messages received via
Exim as opposed to Sendmail. With sendmail, the return address was the
list-request address, and with Exim, it's the message creator's email
address.

Since this is a mailing list, I want the envelope from headers to point
back to the list-request address for bounce corrections. The From: header
should of course remain the message creator's (which it does).

Smartlist is calling Sendmail with the -f list-request option. I have
built a symbolic link from /usr/sbin/sendmail to exim.

I have set up the list user as a trusted user in Exim, and played around
with a few other configuration parameters in an effort to get the envelope
to contain the list-request address.

The other variable that might be significant is that I have tweaked
smartlist to remove the Resent-By headers, since Exim was adding Resent-To
and Resent-Date to them.

Any comments or suggestions on how to get the list-request address from
Smartlist to be recognized as the envelope sender ?

mark

p.s. Thanks to Philip and everybody else that has helped create Exim and
made it available under the GNU license !!

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            4615 Post Oak Place, Suite 140
mdm@???          Houston, Texas 77027
http://www.internet-tools.com    713.627.9600