Re: Wrong end of line character?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Glenn Carver
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Wrong end of line character?
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Glenn Carver wrote:

> Phil, how hard would it be to patch exim to always put a LF on the end of
> a message? We could do this for local delivery only so that the rest of the
> world wouldn't need to know about our problems. If you tell me where to
> look, I'll have a go. I might give Sun a call about the problem too.

I don't know what you are asking! Just one LF at the end of the message?
Or is that a typo for "line"? Exim *already* turns CRLF as received over
the network into just LF for messages it handles. As I said before, the
only way it could be producing lines ending in CR is if it was receiving
CRCRLF over the wires. Of course, it could be patched to remove n*CR at
the end of lines if you want to. It's not a trivial patch, though,
because it only keeps a one-character buffer when reading a message and
writing it to the spool file. (It _would_ be trivial just to junk any
CR character you received.) Look in accept.c around lines 295-367.