Re: Wrong end of line character?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Glenn Carver
A: Glenn.Carver, ph10
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Wrong end of line character?

> Lines of text sent over SMTP are supposed to be terminated with CRLF,
> but so many mailers send them out with just LF that Exim accepts that
> too. When it receives a message it turns the end of line marker into a
> single LF. If for some reason a message came in with CRCRLF at the end
> of each line, one CR would get left and produce the effect described.

Well, here's an interesting one. Email sent from dtmail (Sun's CDE MUA)
has the correct CRLF end of line marker. Email sent from mailtool (Sun's
OW MUA) has just the LF at the end. mailtool seems unable to cope with a
CRLF end of line, even though we're running the latest version. Pine also
puts the LF on the end when it sends messages. However, pine copes with
the CRLF at the end. Only mailtool doesn't and displays the CR.

I can only presume that our old sendmail setup was stripping the end of
lines and putting LF everytime because we never saw this before.

I've had a look for a patch for mailtool but haven't found one so far.

Phil, how hard would it be to patch exim to always put a LF on the end of
a message? We could do this for local delivery only so that the rest of the
world wouldn't need to know about our problems. If you tell me where to
look, I'll have a go. I might give Sun a call about the problem too.

   Cheers,
           Glenn