Re: virtual domains again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: virtual domains again
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> As previously stated, our virtual email domains have been traditionally
> done with sendmail.
>
> I have one domain that is of this form (acme is not the name of the domain):
>
> joe@??? -> joeblow@???
> *@acme.com -> acme@???
>
> Then the user has a .forward file in his directory that looks like this:
>
> postmaster@???
>
> Amazingly enough, it works. Exim doesn't like this at all. I've tried the
> non-preserving envelope example, and exim redirects it properly, then when
> it hits the forward file it dies because it won't process the virtual
> again. Can I shut off .forward file recognition for virtual -> local?

If you run Exim with -d9 it will tell you what it is doing with regard
to aliasing and addressing. That should help find out what is going on.
There is a bug in the current release that may be related to this, but
doesn't sound as though it is from your description above.

To avoid loops, a director is skipped when processing an address that
has an ancestor with the same local part that was processed by this
director. This is incorrect behaviour. The correct behaviour changes the
wording to "with the same local part *and domain*". This problem only
hits configurations that use the same director for different local
domains. If this *is* your problem, I can provide a trivial patch.