Re: Wrong end of line character?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Glenn Carver
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Wrong end of line character?
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Glenn Carver wrote:

> My new exim setup is working perfectly except for one slight problem. For some
> odd reason, certain mail messages seem to have the wrong end of line character,
> and a ^M appears at the end of each line.

Lines of text sent over SMTP are supposed to be terminated with CRLF,
but so many mailers send them out with just LF that Exim accepts that
too. When it receives a message it turns the end of line marker into a
single LF. If for some reason a message came in with CRCRLF at the end
of each line, one CR would get left and produce the effect described.