Wrong end of line character?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Glenn Carver
A: exim-users
Asunto: Wrong end of line character?

My new exim setup is working perfectly except for one slight problem. For some
odd reason, certain mail messages seem to have the wrong end of line character,
and a ^M appears at the end of each line.

This only applies to email from our local workstations. All clients and servers
are now running exim. The clients are configured to simply forward to the
mail server.

The ^M is appearing on some of the headers too. All the clients are set up
the same as far as exim is concerned so my feeling is it's something to do
with the mail programs the users are using, but I've not figured it out yet.

We're using Suns all running Solaris 2.5. The mail agents in use are mailtool,
dtmail, pine and mailx.

If anyone has seen this before I'd be grateful if they could let me know.

     Thanks
            Glenn

Dr. Glenn Carver,                         Phone: +44 (1223) 336524
Centre for Atmospheric Science,           Fax:   +44 (1223) 336473
Cambridge University, Chemistry Dept.,    Glenn.Carver@???
Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK    www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

"Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve
the sales." Prof. Stephen Hawking, 'A Brief History of Time', 1988.