Re: Sendmail database conversion - virtual and UUCP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Sendmail database conversion - virtual and UUCP
On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> I am facing one final hurdle in converting from sendmail to exim. We use a
> couple of sendmail modifications to handle domains -> UUCP and
> domains -> local/SMTP addresses.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a quick way I can plug these same databases into
> exim, and if not, what is the best way to convert them over.

I think some simple modification will be required.

> Our UUCP database looks something like this:
>
> saltair.com     uucp-dom:saltair
> ikslc.com       uucp-dom:iss
> graphcon.com    uucp-dom:graphcon

> Where the field after uucp-dom: is a local UUCP "machine".

I'm not a UUCP person, but I assume you'll need to turn this into
something like

saltair.com:     saltair
ikslc.com:       iss
graphcon.com:    graphcon

and use it in a domainlist router to pass such addresses to an
approprate pipe or appendfile transport (depending on how you interface
to UUCP).

> Our "virtual" domain database looks like this:
>
> johndoe@???    johndoe        (local delivery)
> janedoe@???    janedoe@??? (smtp delivery)
> acme.com        acme        (everything else -> acme local)

That goes to an alias file for the acme.com domain

johndoe:      johndoe
janedoe:      janedoe@???

(the first one not really being necessary) which you process with an
aliasfile director with the option domains=acme.com. If you have more
than one virtual domain you can use a single director with the domain
name as part of the file name. I don't think there's a way of mixing
virtual domains in the same alias file.