Re: Help with fax filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Ashdown, John Henders
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Help with fax filter
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> I'm trying to install a system-wide filter, which will take addresses of
> the form:
>    notify@???

> and redirect them to a FAX script.

[snip]

> What filter variables expand to show the recipient address, before the
> pipe, without fail?

There may be many recipient addresses in a message. So in a system
filter there can't be a variable that expands to "the recipient address".

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, John Henders wrote:

> Why not use a router and a transport instead of a filter.

Absolutely! Remember that a system-wide filter is run *once per
message*, however many addresses there are in a message. It it not
intended as a per-address routing thing.