Re: "Segmentation fault" on delivery attempts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Max Caines
A: David.Osborne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: "Segmentation fault" on delivery attempts
At 14:18 11/03/97 +0000, you wrote:
>When one of our exims (1.58, on a Solaris 2.5 system) attempts delivery to
>three of our Novell servers, there's an immediate message "Segmentation

Fault",
>as in...
>
>/usr/local/exim/bin/exim -v -M 0w4PCk-0007Ol-00
>delivering message 0w4PCk-0007Ol-00
>Segmentation Fault
>
>This happens with any queued message to one of these three servers, yet all
>other mail, including that to our many other Novell servers and other systems
>such as other Unixes, is still flowing normally. Any ideas? I feel it must be
>something to do with one of these servers, yet they respond correctly to

telnet
>connections to their SMTP ports.

This is a known bug in all versions prior to 1.60. It only affects
particular messages, in an unpredictable way. You need a new version.

|  Max Caines                  |  M.B.Caines@???              |
|  Technical Services Manager  |  JANET: M.B.Caines@???       |
|  Computer Centre             |  Phone: 01902 322245               |
|  Wolverhampton University    |  Fax: 01902 322777                 |