Re: Number of recipients

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Number of recipients
I asked the mailbase people about their delivery/recipients ratios.

Their postmaster very kindly skimmed their logs and came up with these
figures for todays mail

         3  :  4824
         4  :  2309
         5  :  1388
         6  :  1061
         7  :   704
         8  :   637
         9  :   305
         10 :   262
         11 :   301
         12 :   237
         13 :   114
         14 :   176
         15 :    95
         16 :   104
         17 :    85
         18 :   104
         19 :   145
         20 :    71
         21 :    65
         22 :    75
         23 :    20
         24 :    58
         25 :     7
         26 :     8
         27 :     8
         28 :     2
         29 :     6
         30 :    33
         31 :     5
        ===============
        Total Recipients:    201816
        Total SMTP sessions: 122529
    Ratio:               1:1.65

I think this amount of bandwidth saving is well worth doing!

I also asked about addresses and distinct domain addresses:-

} Number of distinct domains :  27814
} Number of subscriptions    : 186534

Going back to what started this long ago, I was wondering if there is some
halfway house we could use on the envelope sender address, so that each
separate SMTP envelope has a constructed sender address which would allow
easy determination of a group (maybe just one) of users that the anonymous
bounce message you receive is linked to.

This would need to be done within exim (rather than within the list
handler), and would somehow have to be passed to the transport (I guess)
as an option.... not sure how you would do it - I guess you would need a
command line option!

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]