Re: Number of recipients

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Number of recipients
On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Mailers which are trying to be efficient in connectivity requirements have
> to route all the addresses first which leads to an initial delay - ie
> increased latency.

Mailers which permit senders to give incomplete addresses in the
messages's headers that then get rewritten, e.g. getting

To: ph10@cus

rewritten as

To: ph10@???

after a DNS lookup also have to do all the routing before doing any of
the sending, in order that all recipients of the message get a copy with
the same headers in it.

> I would however be interested in figures for remote deliveries - number of
> addresses in each envelope in a non smarthost configuration.

That could be obtained by scanning Exim logs. Indeed, I will hack my
script and do so:

Today on this system:

7000 messages
maximum number of recipients in one envelope: 44
average number of recipients in one envelope: 1.0725

This is all E&OE on my hacked up scriptlet.