Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alex Sharaz
Cc: exim-users, Roger Books
Asunto: Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.
On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> If the message is delivered fine.If it isn't due to the recipient userid being
> over quota, the eror message says that ccsas@??? is over
> quota and that is what is sent back to the sender. The sender however isn't
> interested in that, he/she wants to see the address they sent to... which is in
> the From field in the message header.

... which is if course returned to the sender.

This is a general problem with any kind of forwarding system, be it set
up by the administration (as yours is) or something the user has put in
a .forward file.

> either I would like to be able to modify the "over quota" error message so that
> it inserts the contents of the message header from field, or have some sort of
> macro expansion available so that I can say,
> "lets see ....this is being delivered to userid ccsas. If I look in this table
> I can pull out a text string associated with userid ccsas that is their real
> e-mail address."
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes. I understand the requirement, but I don't have an easy solution at
the moment. I have made a note to think about this one.