Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex Sharaz
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users, Roger Books
Asunto: Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:12:47 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Alex Sharaz wrote:
>
> > In a similar manner, any mail from here that's bounced due to the recipient
> > being over quota has that persons userid@???
> > in the message being sent out.
>
> Are you talking about the From header or the envelope From? If it's just
> a normal Exim bounce, then this shouldn't happen, as the message should
> be from Mailer-Daemon. I deduce you are doing something different,
> maybe?

Sorry, wrong terminology.

Mail arrives at our main mail hubs in the form A.Sharaz@???
Those hubs then decide where to deliver the mail message and SMTP the mail to
whichever internal machine people use e.g. my mail could go to
ccsas@???

The from address in question is the envelope one and not the one in the mail
header.

On adelphi, I have a cut down exim mailer that just says, deliver the message
to the appropriate incoming mail box for the userid in the envelope from, in my
case ccsas.

If the message is delivered fine.If it isn't due to the recipient userid being
over quota, the eror message says that ccsas@??? is over
quota and that is what is sent back to the sender. The sender however isn't
interested in that, he/she wants to see the address they sent to... which is in
the From field in the message header.

So....

either I would like to be able to modify the "over quota" error message so that
it inserts the contents of the message header from field, or have some sort of
macro expansion available so that I can say,
"lets see ....this is being delivered to userid ccsas. If I look in this table
I can pull out a text string associated with userid ccsas that is their real
e-mail address."

Does that make sense?

alex

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@???
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.1.1B5 over Win-OS2