Re: UUCP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg A. Woods
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Queue Processing
Asunto: Re: UUCP
[ On Wed, February 19, 1997 at 09:21:33 (+0000), Philip Hazel wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: UUCP
>
> People are certainly doing this, but I have no examples myself. I have
> added some extra features to the 1.60 release that may make this easier.
> It is possible in that release to cause batching of messages to local
> transports without the use of batch SMTP, and the list of addresses is
> available in a variable. So you can arrange, for example, for a message
> with addresses in some specific domain to cause one execution of a pipe
> command such as
>
>    |uux hostname!rmail address1 address2 ...

> which I understand is the way UUCP is frequently run.

Just FYI: One of the important configuration options (compile-time,
unfortunately) in the ancient smail-2.x was a limit to the total length
of the argument list passed to uux(1). In some older UUCP's this limit
was as low as 127 characters. It might be of some value to see if there
is any limit in the Taylor-UUCP (GNU) implementation of uux or uuxqt
(other than the maximum command-line limits which unfortunately may be
different in the remote machine, though in theory uuxqt could cause
multiple invocations of rmail to cope, though this breaks the uux
interface just a bit).

BTW, the 1.60 mechanisms seem generally applicable to many uses!

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734            VE3TCP            robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>