Re: UUCP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: UUCP
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I saw a discussion a while back regarding UUCP feeds with exim (domain
> based of course). Has anyone successfully done so? I would like to set up
> a small UUCP batch feed and would like to have some examples.

People are certainly doing this, but I have no examples myself. I have
added some extra features to the 1.60 release that may make this easier.
It is possible in that release to cause batching of messages to local
transports without the use of batch SMTP, and the list of addresses is
available in a variable. So you can arrange, for example, for a message
with addresses in some specific domain to cause one execution of a pipe
command such as

|uux hostname!rmail address1 address2 ...

which I understand is the way UUCP is frequently run.