Re: adding username to posts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: UUCP
Asunto: Re: adding username to posts
On Feb 18, books@??? (Roger Books) wrote:
> I'm having a small "discussion" with the maintainer of the sendmail FAQ.
> What we are discussing is filtering mail such that a count is kept of
> the number of messages sent in a day. His claim is I can't find out
> who the real user connected to a port is.

I would say this depends. I don't think any mailer can do it without
modification. If you run radius or tacac it should be possible if you
are only interested in your users outgoing mail. You'd need to modify
exim to do it obviously, but I would think you could possibly use a
similar hook to what the sender_net_reject driver, such that when mail
came in from specified networks, corresponding to your dial up terminal
servers, exim would query an accounting daemon to ask who was on that
line at the moment.

You'd also need said accounting daemon, as I don't think stock radius or
tacacs keeps active track of who the users on each port are. Livingston
portmasters know who's on the line but provide no easy way of querying
this info.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.