adding username to posts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Roger Books
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: local domain appended to outgoing
Asunto: adding username to posts
I'm having a small "discussion" with the maintainer of the sendmail FAQ.
What we are discussing is filtering mail such that a count is kept of
the number of messages sent in a day. His claim is I can't find out
who the real user connected to a port is.

Now, I am currently having a related problem. It seems my users most
likely to bounce large messages which end up in the queue are the same
ones that don't put a return address on their mail messages. What I
want to do is to write a filter using SNMP to query the router. I'm
assuming that I can pull the IP of the connection into my filter.

Finally, the question. Does anyone have any idea what kind of overhead
I am talking about here? I'm a small site with only 2K users. The
overhead to me is going to be insignificant. Does anyone with large
filters have a feel of how this would affect a big ISP?

Roger