Re: Retries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: news-post
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Retries
On 7 Feb 1997, Brian Blackmore wrote:

> This is possibly a bad time to say this but...
>
> Sometime in the future could we consider rewritting both the retry and
> rewrite sections into a format more similar to the directors, routers
> and transport sections. This would both make exim more consistant and
> allow for more flexiblity in the future such as retries not based on
> time (e.g. on an external event such as a PPP link coming up)

You are right in pointing out that the format is not as flexible as it
might be. OTOH, I'm not sure that it could be reworked as you say, since
the type of data for each of these things is somewhat different in style
to that provided for the drivers. I've made a "long-term" note to think
about this, but no promises.

As far as PPP links coming up, remember that Exim's retry stuff is just
hints. Passing a retry time doesn't actually trigger anything. For
intermittent connections one really needs something rather different.