Re: Retries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brian Blackmore
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Retries
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Max Caines wrote:

>> I have a retry specification in my configuration file like this
>>
>> ^.*@wbs(\\.(wlv|wolverhampton)\\.ac\\.uk)?$   *    F,90d,2h

>Max,

>This is perhaps a poor design in Exim. The first field in a retry
>statement is read verbatim; it is not treated as if it were part of a
>string in quotes. Consequently, you don't need to double the backslash
>characters. Too late to change now, but I will add a remark to the
>manual.

This is possibly a bad time to say this but...

Sometime in the future could we consider rewritting both the retry and
rewrite sections into a format more similar to the directors, routers
and transport sections. This would both make exim more consistant and
allow for more flexiblity in the future such as retries not based on
time (e.g. on an external event such as a PPP link coming up)

--
Brian                                   http://www.wonderland.org/~eternal/