Retries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Max Caines
A: exim-users
Asunto: Retries
I have a retry specification in my configuration file like this

^.*@wbs(\\.(wlv|wolverhampton)\\.ac\\.uk)?$   *    F,90d,2h

This is being used with a pipe delivery channel. I think it should be
picking up addresses like:

username@???

However, I have such messages being discarded. Here is an example from the log:

Deliver: mi2952@??? error 0: Child process of emil transport
returned 75 from command...
first failed: 31-Jan-1997 12:44:31
last tried: 04-Feb-1997 15:46:14
next try at: 04-Feb-1997 23:46:14
past final cutoff time

This agrees with my default retry spec but not the line above. I suspect I
have misunderstood the syntax specification. Can anyone help with this? The
machine in question is often down for several days at a time and I do need
to avoid throwing its mail away.

|  Max Caines                  |  M.B.Caines@???              |
|  Technical Services Manager  |  JANET: M.B.Caines@???       |
|  Computer Centre             |  Phone: 01902 322245               |
|  Wolverhampton University    |  Fax: 01902 322777                 |