著者: John Henders
To: exim-users
題目: Re: Problem with comments in alias file
> > still logging the fact that there was an error.
>
> I've also had problems with a Majordomo list configured so Majordomo does not
> strip the subscriber "real name" comment information -- that is, the lines in
> the subscriber list have the form
>
> John Smith <jsmith@???>
>
> I had expected exim to only be interested in the address in the angle brackets
> but have seen a couple of problems with it objecting to odd characters in the
> comment part: one an octal 144 character (subscriber from Germany, so not
> surprising), the other a number of slashes in a format like "A User AB/CC DE/12
> FG/34 <auser@???>". In both cases, removing everything but the RFC822
> address, including the angles, allowed the frozen messages to be delivered.

This was a problem with smail and majordomo and all I could do there was
modify the majordomo config file sent to list owners so it warned of the
dire consequences of changing STRIP to no in the config file. Unless
there's an RFC for how this kind of file should be parsed, it would be
more convenient if exim could parse it the same as sendmail does, as
sendmail sets the defacto standard for this feature, and mailing list
authors appear to take advantage of sendmail "features" in the way it
reads these files.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.