著者: David.Osborne
To: exim-users
題目: Re: Problem with comments in alias file
m.hampson@??? writes [28 Jan 1997 16:12:12 GMT]:

> Exim fails to deliver the message to anybody - giving the error as
>
> 997-01-25 05:31:11 chemical-outgoing@???: system_aliases director
> deferred: <chemical-outgoing@???> - error in alias file: colon

expected
> after route in "@cableol.co.uk"
> *** Frozen ***
>
> This is not good - especially as I did'nt spot it for a few days.
>
> Can we have exim ignore errors in the aliases file(s) (as an option), while
> still logging the fact that there was an error.

I've also had problems with a Majordomo list configured so Majordomo does not
strip the subscriber "real name" comment information -- that is, the lines in
the subscriber list have the form

John Smith <jsmith@???>

I had expected exim to only be interested in the address in the angle brackets
but have seen a couple of problems with it objecting to odd characters in the
comment part: one an octal 144 character (subscriber from Germany, so not
surprising), the other a number of slashes in a format like "A User AB/CC DE/12
FG/34 <auser@???>". In both cases, removing everything but the RFC822
address, including the angles, allowed the frozen messages to be delivered.

--
David Osborne                          email: David.Osborne@???
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397