著者: John Goerzen
To: Tom Samplonius
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
題目: Re: UUCP & Exim problems
Tom said:
> No. No. No. This is the bad, bad assumption that UUCP used to make.

Hmm, look, I didn't post to this list to have everything I say argued with. I
posted to get some help on how to do something. I posted what Exim needs to
do (which hasn't been disputed...yet...). But everything I say here seems to
get attacked.

Please -- if you have a solution for me, let me know. I have posted what I
need done (basically a pipe transport that will allow a command of the form
"command args address1 address2 address3 ... addressn", where addressx is all
non-local destinations of the message). If somebody could tell me how to do
that, please do so. Otherwise, I really do not appreciate being quoted RFCs,
etc. when they are not really relevant anyway. It is overcomplicating the
issue. All that I need is a way to do the above with the pipe transport and
I'll be happy. And I'll go away :-)

> Now, the From_ line should contain the envelope sender. The envelope
> recipients are specified on the command line to /bin/rmail. The headers
> are standard RFC-822 of course.

Right...which is why all that really matters that Exim needs to do differently
is allow me to specify multiple addresses on the command-line of a pipe
transport.

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |