著者: John Henders
To: exim-users
題目: Re: UUCP & Exim problems
On Jan 14, jgoerzen@??? (John Goerzen) wrote:

> > Ah! Simple as that, is it? Incidentally, where does the sender's address
> > go? Is it in a From_ line?
>
> Hmm, AFAIK, UUCP does not care about the sender's address. When mail arrives
> at "host" (which is whatever the UUCP host is named), it is generally sent to
> the MTA (sendmail, Exim, qmail, whatever..) and treated like a normal piece of
> mail.

Not quite. It's sent to rmail or some mail agent acting in rmail mode.
Rmail can be emulated with exim if uucp is listed as a trusted user so
exim doesn't rewrite any of the headers.

So when my system sends UUCP mail to my ISP, the mail is just fed to
> Sendmail and I guess all the info Sendmail needs it gets from the headers. I
> think... :-)

No, the X.NNNN file sent with the D.NNN file (there's an addional C.NNN
file with some uucp implementations) contains the command line to be
executed on the remote machine. It's usually something like rmail user
or rmail site!user, and rmail user@site often works as well.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.