著者: Philip Hazel
To: Hans Grobler
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Paniclog contents?
On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Hans Grobler wrote:

> I have seen this behaviour a number of times.

<snip>

> I have had to restart Exim a number of times on our mail servers.

Thanks for letting me know that the problem is seen more widely. I spent
some time this morning working on the relevant bit of code. I decided in
the end that Exim's current behaviour of bombing out after 10 successive
failures (as smail does) is probably not a good idea nowadays. In the
next release of Exim the behaviour is to log such errors on the main
log, and to batch up successive identical ones into a single log
message, up to 50 at a time. If it hits the 50 mark it writes something
to the panic log as well. I have also separated out errors from select()
and errors from accept() into separate messages.

So, you shouldn't see it bombing out any more. OTOH, if anybody does get
into a situation where it is seeing a continuous stream of these things,
the log is going to fill up eventually...