No Home Directory.....

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: William Craven
A: exim-users
Asunto: No Home Directory.....
Some users on our staff mail server do not have their home directories
on the system but do have their incoming mailboxes stored there. Exim
appears not to like this and defers the delivery. The appropriate entry
in the main log is as follows

1997-01-09 06:34:34 0vhmLn-0003ml-00 == fung@??? T=local_default
    defer (2): No such file or directory: failed to chdir to
    /home/cheddar/fung

I appreciate this is maybe a security feature but I need to get round
this otherwise I will not be able to implement Exim on our main
mailserver where the home directories are not mounted.

Is there a configuration option I am missing that specifies when there
is a local delivery to ignore home directories ? Or any thing that will
get round this. The appropriate entries in the configuration file are
as follows....

The local_default director;

local_default:
    driver = localuser,
    transport = local_default;

The local_default transport;

local_default:
    driver = appendfile;
    file = /var/mail/${local_part},
    no_return_path_add

Feedback much appreciated - because I am stumped ....

W.
---
William Craven                Email:  William.Craven@???
University Computing Services        Tel:    +1-604-822-8955
University of British Columbia        FAX:    +1-604-822-5116
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2