Re: Priority of resent- fields

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David.Osborne
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Priority of resent- fields
Philip Hazel writes [8 Jan 1997 14:14:56 GMT]:

> Exim is not interested in the contents of the headers as far as sending
> error messages goes. It sends delivery failure reports to the envelope
> sender address (aka return-path), as per the RFCs.

Quite right. I should have thought this through more carefully.

> It sounds as if
> whatever mechanism is being used by your users to resend the messages is
> leaving the envelope sender address unchanged.

I expect they're using Pegasus Mail on PCs.

> Personally, I find that resending (in this technical sense) always seems
> to cause confusion. Creating a brand-new message (possibly including the
> old one as text) is almost always more intelligible to the eventual
> recipient.

Agreed, but that takes more effort so if resending is easier, they'll do that
instead.

Glad to hear my exim installation is doing the right thing (even if it's not
what I want).
--
David Osborne                          e-mail: Postmaster@???
Postmaster                                        tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397