Re: basic locking problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: itudps
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: basic locking problems
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, itudps wrote:

> I have got exim 1.58 going on Linux 2.0.27. Works fine if I have
> use_lockfile set to false on the appendfile driver, but can't complete the
> local delivery if I have it set. The mail log file records
>
>    Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post

> when making a delivery to an unpriveliged user. It doesn't appear to be
> the permissions of the /var/spool/exim tree, because it still happens if
> everything is world write. Tried some other obvious things. What am I
> doing wrong?

Exim will be trying to create a file called <mailbox-name>.lock in the
same directory as the mailbox it is trying to delivery into. There must
be some kind of permissions problem on that directory. It will at the
time be running as the user to whom the message is addressed. Are you
delivering into home directories, or into a general /var/mail directory?
If the latter, you need to have the "sticky bit" turned on in that
directory if you need to have lockfiles working.