basic locking problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: itudps
A: exim-users
Asunto: basic locking problems
I have got exim 1.58 going on Linux 2.0.27. Works fine if I have
use_lockfile set to false on the appendfile driver, but can't complete the
local delivery if I have it set. The mail log file records

Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post

when making a delivery to an unpriveliged user. It doesn't appear to be
the permissions of the /var/spool/exim tree, because it still happens if
everything is world write. Tried some other obvious things. What am I
doing wrong?

(I did say basic!)

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer@???
 Information Technology Unit            Phone: +61 8 302 3479