Re: Linux not delivering over NFS

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Christoph Lameter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Linux not delivering over NFS
} I have mounted /var/spool/mail from another system.

I would not recommend that as a normal configuration - especially on
systems without any NFS locking (like Linux). Always do delivery to the
local disk and make all the other systems deliver to the system owning the
disk.

} When exim tries to
} deliver a message into that mounted NFS volume I get the following
} messages:

Use the exim debug/verbose options to get more information on what is
happening here. If exim is tring to inode lock the file as well it will
always fail - Linux has no locking code. Without more info I can't really
suggest much at present.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]