Re: sender_verify_fixup - doesn't seem to work

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Henders
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: sender_verify_fixup - doesn't seem to work
On Dec 17, ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote:

> The outside world will get timeouts or other
> temporary failures on looking up the MX records, but will be able to see
> an A record for a.foo.com. However, you don't want to send the message
> there.

I agree fully for sending mail, but the place this causes a problem is
recieving mail with sender_verify. These time out problems because of a
messed up dns record for the host on the from line cause us to
constantly reject mail which has a problem host on the from envelope
line, but a perfectly good host on the from and reply-to line, so
because of the timeout errors, exim never get's a chance to fix up the
header and accept the mail.

I don't know if this is solvable, but I really like the sender_verify
option, as it's great at trapping spam mail, which seems to rarely have
any deliverable address in it, but I'd like to see a way to allow
through all possible legitimate mail. I guess the only way that would
work reliably would be to somehow keep count of the number of timeout
failures and be able to let the message through to the header test after
a predetermined number of timeouts.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.