Re: Testimonials wanted. Exim installed on server, here's th…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stuart Lynne
Para: John Henders
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Testimonials wanted. Exim installed on server, here's the stats.
On Dec 10, jhenders@??? (John Henders) wrote:
> 1/2 that in exim's way of calculating things. Anyway, we installed exim
> with very little problem, and modified the domainlist driver to handle
> our customized virtual domain software. We were hoping that iplookup
> could be modified to talk directly to the daemon we use but it doesn't
> currently handle the local_part rewriting so that will have to wait.

We where hoping that the queryprogram driver could be used but it
doesn't rewrite the local part. The iplookup driver does. So it's
either modify the queryprogram driver or having a version of or
lookup program that the iplookup driver can use.

> Not the 140,000 previously claimed, but still a reasonably good load of
> mail, and the machine is running flawlessly. No exim based problems have
> shown up, and eximon allows us to quickly identify virtual domains that
> haven't been set up correctly and fix them, and as the mail is frozen,
> no mail is actually lost, where previously smail would have bounced it.
>
> My boss is now an exim convert, and we are plotting on how to make sure
> the people in head office who are pushing sendmail now are thwarted in
> their attempts.

What I like is the ability to be proactive in solving mail problems.
Much better to find and fix problems before the customers notice and
phone to complain.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@???>      604-933-1000      <http://www.poste.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68