Re: Testimonials wanted. Exim installed on server, here's th…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Henders
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Testimonials wanted. Exim installed on server, here's the stats.

First, it appears my method of calculating the mail load on our server
was faulty. I grepped smail's daily log file for the word Completed, and
counted that as one mail message. It appears smail print's Completed for
both reciept and delivery, so the mail load would really appear to be
1/2 that in exim's way of calculating things. Anyway, we installed exim
with very little problem, and modified the domainlist driver to handle
our customized virtual domain software. We were hoping that iplookup
could be modified to talk directly to the daemon we use but it doesn't
currently handle the local_part rewriting so that will have to wait.

Here's Monday's email stats.
Exim statistics from 1996-12-09 00:01:39 to 1996-12-10 00:01:47

    TOTAL               Volume    Messages    Hosts
    Received             626Mb       65636     5537
    Delivered            965Mb       73189     1960

Not the 140,000 previously claimed, but still a reasonably good load of
mail, and the machine is running flawlessly. No exim based problems have
shown up, and eximon allows us to quickly identify virtual domains that
haven't been set up correctly and fix them, and as the mail is frozen,
no mail is actually lost, where previously smail would have bounced it.

My boss is now an exim convert, and we are plotting on how to make sure
the people in head office who are pushing sendmail now are thwarted in
their attempts.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.