Re: EXim and address_pipe

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: EXim and address_pipe
> But how do you tell them? You can't mail, because mail to that user goes
> to their pipe which falls over...

IFF the pipe is the **ONLY** delivery mechanism.

> And putting somthing into their mailbox may not help because they don't
> look at it because they know all their mail is piped to a script which
> delivers it somewhere else....

They may look when email dries up (shortly after they changed their
.forward)

The postmaster might notice.

I am **NOT** convinced.

[[ I must admit that I didn't realise it was the default (but I guess I must
have at some point, as I explicitly set no_ignore_status).
I may be a mother hen, but I feel that just bacause one of my bozo users
makes a typo, it is not acceptable to discard all email !
The *DEFAULT* should be to bombard postmaster, who can then turn it off.

I feel srongly on this one ...
]]