Re: EXim and address_pipe

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bruce.Rodger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: EXim and address_pipe
On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Bruce Rodger wrote:

> > I suspect that this is a cleft stick issue. For myself, if one of our
> > users screws up a pipe command, I don't want to know, so I want
>
> True. But i want that user to know about it!

But how do you tell them? You can't mail, because mail to that user goes
to their pipe which falls over... And putting somthing into their mailbox
may not help because they don't look at it because they know all their
mail is piped to a script which delivers it somewhere else....

Users .forward files are one of the biggest consumers of postmaster
time, in my experience.