EXim and address_pipe

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bruce Rodger
Para: exim-users
Asunto: EXim and address_pipe

I'm running Exim 1.58, with the address_pipe transport as defined in the
default config file.

# This transport is used for handling pipe addresses generated by alias
# or .forward files. It has a conventional name, since it is not actually
# mentioned elsewhere in this configuration file.

address_pipe:
driver = pipe;
ignore_status,
return_output

If a user has a .forward file which contains something like

|/some/file/which/does/not/exist

the message disappears into a black hole....

If you remove ignore_status, messages get frozen.

This seems to be affecting a number of our users, as we run a cluster of Sun
and Silicon Graphics machines. Exim runs on a sun, and the SG MUA seems to
like creating a .forward file containing something like

|/usr/lib/Zmail/bin/reassembler

which of ocurse does not exist on the Sun....

Any suggestions/comments? Is this a sensible behaviour? would returning the
message to the sender make more sense?

Bruce.
--
Bruce Rodger                      |Bruce.Rodger@???  PGP key available