Re: SPAM aware sites: please proof read this eary draft ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Neal Becker, Piete Brooks, exim-users
Asunto: Re: SPAM aware sites: please proof read this eary draft ...

Caution... YAFR (Yet Another Feature Request)

} >      sender_address_relay = cl.cam.ac.uk
}
} No; sender_verify just checks that the address is valid, i.e. Exim can
} route to it. Piete's users submit mail from their workstations via SMTP
} to his mail server. He wants to insist that they set their sender
} addresses to xxx@???, so he sets sender_address_relay as above.
} Just setting sender_verify would not stop one of his users emitting mail
} with the sender set to neal@???, to choose a random example. :-)

I happen to be setting up boxes which can locally delive mail for any one
of n domains (n is around 10,000 at present I believe).

Now putting these into the sender_address_relay could be problematical
(although since the vast majority of domains are in a couple of dbm files
its not too hard). Is there a sufficient use for a flag that basically
only allows valid local (by which I mean addresses which would be locally
delivered) user to relay??

Or maybe this is just getting to unecessary duplication.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]