Re: exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Cutts
A: Mark Baker
Cc: Jon Peatfield, exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer ?
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Mark Baker wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Jon Peatfield wrote:
>
> > All you really need to do is produce a simple set fo commands to run to
> > compile and install it, and then making the RPM is trivial (even I can do it).
> >
> > Are the default config files shipped with exim usable on real machines? If
> > not is there a simple script for the hard of thinking who may be installing it?
>
> There's Tim's debian package, which presumably contains suitable scripts
> (I haven't looked at it as I don't use debian yet)

Indeed, I have modified Ian Jackson's smail configuration script for
use with exim.

It creates appropriate aliases and exim configuration files for three
types of system:

1) Standard fully-connected host
2) Satellite system (sends all outgoing mail to a smarthost for delivery,
redirects local deliveries to the hub machine, and rewrites outgoing
mail to appear to originate from the hub machine, which need not be
the same machine as the smarthost used for outgoing messages)
3) Machine not connected to the outside world.

The script could probably be easily modified as a general exim
configuration script (I have used a slightly modified version for
generating a basic satellite configuration on an IRIX box).

Tim.

Dept. of Biochemistry                                 Tel: +44 1223 333596
Tennis Court Rd.
Cambridge, CB2 1QW, UK