Re: exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Jon Peatfield
Cc: Piete Brooks, jp107, exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer ?
} Building an RPM is easy, once you decide what should be in it. e.g. which
} config files and where the binaries should go.
}
} All you really need to do is produce a simple set fo commands to run to
} compile and install it, and then making the RPM is trivial (even I can do it).
}
} Are the default config files shipped with exim usable on real machines? If
} not is there a simple script for the hard of thinking who may be installing it?

I build an rpm for our systems for exim, basically I set the follwing
things...

    Use berkeley db
    BIN_DIRECTORY=/usr/sbin
    SPOOL_DIRECTORY=/var/spool/exim
    CONFIGURE_FILE=/etc/exim/config

    Permissions more relaxed than default

[this rpm is used mainly on server systems (no users) or on systems where
the only user is experienced/responsible so I have set a load of
permissions so that things are readable]

Otherwise its pretty vanilla.  I actually create 3 rpms:-
    exim        - the main package - most everything!
    exim-monitor    - the X monitor
    exim-config    - the default config file

I generally only use the first package - I generate config files a
different way :-)

If someone wants to take this and work with it I can give you the SRPM.
It includes the startup script and links into the /etc/rc.d/rc?.d
directories and the links into place of sendmail and mailq. It clashes
with the sendmail package - which somehow always gets installed on Red Hat
(ugh!!) - but then thats to be expected.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]