exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: exim-users
Asunto: exim plug seen on the redhat list ... any RPM volunteer ?

Just wanted to send a plug in for another sendmail alternative: exim
It's a mailer written and used at University of Cambridge, England,
distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License..

Available at:
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-n.nn.tar.gz

Based on comments here I tried Qmail, but it wasn't appropriate for my
installation because it never does multiple RCPTS and I run a large
mailing list over a 28.8kpbs line (to a smarthost). Exim was much
more configurable, the docs are well written, and it was very easy to
install. Unlike sendmail, I can easily configure exim to do pretty
much whatever I want -- the run-time configuration files are easy to
use. Some features: smtp connection reuse, configurable retry
algorithms, powerful virtual domain support (each can even have its
own aliases file, all the same host), automatic routing to user
programs (e.g. procmail), all or some domains can be locked out of
using your machine as an smtp relay, and an optional X-window mail
monitor (the administrator can manipulate the mail queue from this
window as well). The author, Philip Hazel, is attentive to legitimate
user needs. When I mentioned a need for a configuration option not
currently available, he indicated he would be implementing it in
future releases.

I'm brand new to Linux, so can't make an rpm. Maybe when the RPM book
comes out. :-) In any case, I highly recommend exim to those looking
for a full-featured sendmail replacement.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA