Junk mail (was: Re Bulk mailings)

Author: Chris Thompson
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Junk mail (was: Re Bulk mailings)
Philip Hazel writes:

> I *do* hope you are not using Exim to send out unsolicited junk mail.

[...]
> I would be immensely saddened to learn that any of my software was
> being used for this evil purpose.

Maybe you should put some words into the README about it, with the intention
of discouraging its inclusion in spamming-made-easy packages, at least.
Compare the recent changes to Pegasus licencing:

http://www.vix.com/spam/news/pegasus.html
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/spam/news/pegasus.html
[etc]

Of course, the likelihood of anyone wanting to do this with an MTA rather
than an MUA seems small. Unless Exim can deliver your spam so much faster...

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.