Re: require_files

Author: David.Osborne
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: require_files
> The code for testing require_files doesn't do anything special about
> NFS. It should defer only if stat() gives an error other than ENOENT or
> ENOTDIR.
>
> The only way to solve this mystery is to put in some debugging code
> around line 328 of the match.c module and get it to print out what it is
> getting back from stat().

It turns out that stat() was returning EACCES, because of no permission to stat
the directory /usr/local/majordomo:

drwxr-x---   7 majordom majordom     512 Dec  2 12:15 /usr/local/majordomo/

I had set user=majordom on the pipe transport because of this, but of course the stat() was being done as exim and therefore failed. exim is a member of the majordom group, so I had thought that would have done it. I relaxed the permissions on the directory and it now works.

--
David Osborne                         e-mail: David.Osborne@???
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397