著者: Philip Hazel
To: Dom Mitchell
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: dialup configuration issue
On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Dom Mitchell wrote:

> What I am after is some way to get the queue_smtp option to be checked
> before the router.

The point of the queue_smtp option is that it *does* do the routing,
down to finding out the IP address, but doesn't try to deliver. Thus it
will do any DNS lookups that are required by the routing. At the moment
I can't see any way out of this other than by supplying the IP address
by some means other than the DNS.

> What I tried was putting the IP address of
> post.demon.co.uk into /etc/hosts, telling libresolv to use that first
> and then changing the "bydns" to "byname" in the above router. This
> works, but is not really an acceptable solution, as the IP address of
> post keeps changing recently.

You could put the IP address(es) directly in the Exim configuration
file, for example:

route_list = "* 194.217.242.17:194.217.242.144 byname"

The manual wasn't very clear on this - I tried to improve it for the
latest version. Then at least you don't have to meddle with libresolv
etc., but it still has to be changed if the machine moves, of course.

> I could use an "exim -R '*'" when dialling in, but this seems to
> defeat the purpose of using "queue_smtp", which would be quite nice If
> I could get it to work!

Agreed!