Re: Exim 1.58 hanging. Many smtp connections in LAST_ACK

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: John Henders
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Exim 1.58 hanging. Many smtp connections in LAST_ACK

jhenders@??? said:
} After running exim for a few hours on one of our producion machines,
} (SCO5) it stopped answering incoming smtp connections. Sending it a
} sighup woke it up again, and the only thing I can see that could be a
} problem is a huge number of connections to a site in netstat, all
} connections in LAST_ACK.

I am sure that there was a similar problem with smail on an i386 based
Unix - might be more Xenix than SCO, but there is a common ancestor there.

However this was well over a year back and I recently took most of my
archives off line so cannot go back through that mail.

Might be worth looking to see if there are any relevant comments in the
smail docs or code...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]