Minor problems...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Temas novos: Version numbers {was: Minor problems...)
Asunto: Minor problems...
We are just putting exim in place on a main (to us) server.
Of course we hit problems!

1. 50% of our users have no home directories - they only have access for
pop. OK, so we can fix up the forwardfile director to work (although
that needs some looking through docs - we have no NFS so that isn't
a problem for us).
What really caught up out was the local_delivery transport (appendfile,
stock options) refused to work. It chdirs to the home directory during
delivery. Inspection of the code in deliver.c shows that it chdirs
to a "home" defined by the transport or the director/router. The
director had specified a home dir, the transport (generic or appendfile)
could not, and the delivery was deferred if the chdir fails...

For now we have created a few spare home dirs, but the ability to
specify the delivery home directory in the generic or appendfile
transports would be useful.

2. Pipe transport options.
return_output gives the impression that it considers any output to be an
error. Could there be a "return output if the status was non zero"
option, or am I missing something?

3. Make the version number YYYY.MM.DD of the date of issue.
That will confuse everyone!

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]