Re: Feature request.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: m.hampson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Feature request.
On Fri, 1 Nov 1996 m.hampson@??? wrote:

> I have'nt looked at the exim implementation of this but I would have thought
> a match on a given address using a linear search could be done on a single pass
> of the file (whether its a domain or a full address). A match on a indexed file
> would require two lookups, but that would be quite cheap.

You are right in principle, but that would require writing special
purpose searching code just for this one case. Internally Exim has a
single call to the search routines, that implements "search for this key
in this file using this search method". I would rather not spoil this
simple approach by kludging in special-purpose things for lsearch only.