Re: Feature request.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: m.hampson
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Feature request.
>Hmm. Just had a thought. I suppose, for a list entry of the form
>"lsearch;/badboys" Exim could first look up the complete address and if
>that fails, then try looking up just the domain. This would allow you to
>mix complete addresses and bare domains in a single file, at a cost of
>two lookups per message. What do people think about that? It would, in
>fact, preserve some upwards compatibility with the existing state of
>affairs, and I think I quite like the idea. It sounds as if it would be
>cheaper than using two files as I have suggested above.

Yes - from what I remember opening files is relatively expensive.

I have'nt looked at the exim implementation of this but I would have thought
a match on a given address using a linear search could be done on a single pass
of the file (whether its a domain or a full address). A match on a indexed file
would require two lookups, but that would be quite cheap.

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |