Re: Configuration for satellite systems?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Tim Cutts
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Configuration for satellite systems?
On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> [excerpts from config]
>     qualify_domain = theplanet.co.uk
>     # If you do not want to do any local deliveries, uncomment the following
> line,
>     # but do not supply any data for it.
>     local_domains =
>     end

>     # transports
>     [untouched from examples]

>     # directors
>     # [none]
>     end

>     # routers
>     [as per normal]

> The only thing to ensure is that the final delivery host is the one with
> the lowest MX value for your domain name.

OK, I understand this, but it assumes that the hub machine is set up to
accept mail for the remote machine. I am more in favour of a set up on
my machine which will then change the recipient to another machine and
send it on; the hub machine then does not need to know which are the
satellite machines. This would be useful, for example, in the case of
student machines which are not allowed to emit or receive Internet mail
themselves, and whose users have accounts on some central mail machine.

It was my understanding that the smartuser director could do this, for
example a message to foo@??? could be sent on to
foo@???

Or am I misunderstanding this?

Tim.

Dept. of Biochemistry                                 Tel: +44 1223 333596
Tennis Court Rd.
Cambridge, CB2 1QW, UK