Re: retry and MX

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Neal Becker
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Neal Becker, exim-users
Asunto: Re: retry and MX

    Philip> Hmm. Should that entry for a.com also apply to all the hosts its MX
    Philip> points to? (Especially in the absence of an entry for b.com?) I'll have
    Philip> to think about that, and it would be a fair amount of work to make it
    Philip> happen.

This is tricky. Here's my example. I handle all mail for
comsat.com. Some is locally delivered. The rest is forwarded to
another machine. I want a special retry rule for this forwarded mail.

I don't think I should need to know where the MX points for this rule
to apply. It should apply to all machines that this MX points to. If
the other admins add MXs or change them I shouldn't need to know.

The tricky part is that the rule must apply to the address as I have
rewritten it. Clearly, it can't apply to the address as I received
it, since some of that mail I will redirect differently.

So, it looks to me that the retry rules should be matched to addresses
after rewriting, but before MX. The reason is that I control
rewriting, but others control their MX.

How's that sound?